The aim of the project is that a solution is provided to Welsh Local Authorities that:
- Reduces residual waste and recycles AHP waste into an end-product.
- Achieves a minimum demonstrable recycling rate.
- Enables a reduced carbon impact for Wales.
- Supports the green economy, community benefits and creates employment within Wales.
- Is affordable to as many participating Local Authorities (LAs) as possible.
Did you know?
It is estimated by WRAP, that there is maximum of circa 40,000 tonnes of AHP in the Local Authority municipal waste across Wales.
Much of the AHP is within the residual waste stream. This estimation is likely to increase with population growth, plus an above average aging population profile for Wales and the Welsh Governments “ageing in place” strategy for older people in Wales.